T.Shirt hit me up to remind me to check his latest full-length videos, “Success To Me,” directed by Dred for HotMopFilms (featuring more-than-a-cameo by streetwear designer Jeff Staple,) and “Sound Off,” directed by HotMopFilms’ Ronin. “Success To Me” is off T.Shirt’s last album, The Fuck, while “Sound Off” is from his upcoming project.
I’m glad he did.
Now, if you’re not familiar with T.Shirt, here’s what might happen:
- You’ll check these videos.
- You’ll say something like “Ok. Dude is pretty nice.” (What you mean by that, is that T.Shirt has a voice, an attitude, a look, lyrics and delivery that all stand out.)
- You’ll go to tshirt.bandcamp.com to hear more. (I recommend starting with the fairly incredible I Should Just Chill before moving on to the also solid, The Fuck.)
- You’ll say “Wow. Dude is really nice.” (What you mean by that is that T.Shirt has an fantastic ear for beats, tight production, a perfect mix of confidence, inflection, humor, humility and creativity.)
- You’ll say “Wow. Thanks Manny and Birthplace Magazine for putting me on to a really dope MC.”
Of course, if you are already familiar with T.Shirt, well, then as they say, you already know.
Both joints smoothly produced by Ayesroc. We hear the new T.Shirt album is right around the corner. Stay tuned.
T.Shirt – Success To Me
T.Shirt – Sound Off (Directed by Ronin/HotMopFilms)